Hints and Suggestions
Here are a couple of suggestions for getting through the course successfully:
1. Time management suggestion => half an hour per night on school nights, maybe some extra time on the weekends for doing assignments. Plan on spending 1 - 2 hours per week on the course, which takes into account homework time, study time, and doing assignments. Occassionally, more time may be required when preparing for major assessments!!!
2. With respect to time management, ultimately what will make you successful (or not) in IB or at ISM or eventually in university is not so much what you know, it's how you manage your time (and your freedom)!!!
3. Have a support network. Who are you going to call when you get stuck? Do you have a Math Study Group formed yet for awesome weekend math "parties"???
4. Do not procrastinate on Portfolio Assignments. They are difficult and challenging and if you need help at the last minute, your "support network" may not be able to help you, nor will I.
5. Keep your binder ORGANIZED!! It should ONLY have your Math materials in it (notes, classwork, homework, quizzes, tests, assignments