Homework For Mr Santowski's Math 2 Class
These are the various homework "formats and oddities" that I insist upon:
(1) Include date, lesson title, page number and questions at the top of your HW.
(2) do your homework the evening the lesson was taught.
(3) homework is due our next class period before the lesson starts.
(4) all homework MUST be checked against the answer key in the back of the book.
(5) I MUST see RED/BLUE check marks or RED/BLUE wrong marks for your work.
(6) Any homework that is incorrect MUST be corrected (or I must see a reasonable attempt!)
(7) Collaborate with your classmates, but DO NOT simply copy their work. If you really don't understand it, SOLVE YOUR OWN PROBLEM (ASK yourself about what resources you have available to you???!?!?!?!)
(8) Graded homework will be placed back into your binder
(9) When I check your homework, I look for: (i) did you follow my instructions for PRESENTING your HW? (ii) were ALL questions ATTEMPTED? (iii) all answers/solutions are checked and wrong answers are corrected (or at least an ATTEMPT must be shown)(iv) do I see CLEAR EVIDENCE of an attempt at a solution? (proper soln format, decent graphic presentations (not just the ANSWER!!!)
(10) If you are unhappy with your homework grade, you MAY RESUBMIT your HW, wherein you've made the necessary revisions. HOWEVER, you have a 2 lesson time frame for resubmiting HW.
|Lesson Date||Lesson Topic/Title||Page/Questions|
|Posted: Tuesday, May 8||Math 2 Exam Review - Previous Tests||
FROM THE 2009-10 YEAR:
FROM THE 2009-10 YEAR:
AND FROM THE 2012-2013 YEAR:
| Assigned: Thursday, Feb 16
Due: Monday, Feb 20
|Introduction to Quadratic Relations||You are required to build a catapault and you may use these video links as a guide for the building
| Assigned: Monday, Feb 6
Due: Tuesday, Feb 7
|Applications of Trigonometry||
Your HW for this lesson will be to complete the worksheet linked here. You probably have the first 2-3 question done from class.
| Assigned: Thursday, Jan 19
Due: Tuesday, Jan 24
|Introduction to Trig - Working with Ratios||
Your HW for this lesson will be to complete the worksheet linked here
|Weeks of Oct 17 - Nov 6||Unit 2 Portfolio #3 - Equations of Lines||
Your HW for this portfolio will be to complete the worksheets linked on the portfolio scoresheet. See the portfolio scoresheet for your worksheets
|Week of Oct 3 - 11||Unit 2 Portfolio #2 - Applying Linear Equations||
Your HW for this portfolio will be to work on the Sec 6 & 11 questions in your textbook as well as an included worksheet. See HW GRID for your question level
|Week of Sept 22 - 27||Unit 2 Portfolio #1||
Your HW for this portfolio will be to work on the Sec 11 questions in your textbook. See HW GRID for your question level
|Tues, August 23||Portfolio #2||
Your HW for Thursday will be to work on the Sec 15A questions on page 299. See HW GRID for your question level
Your HW should also be to continue your work on the Unit Project, so that you and your partner can present to me your PROGRESS on the project
|Thurs, August 18||Unit Project||
Your HW for the weekend should simply be to organize your work on the Unit Project, so that you and your partner can present to me your PROGRESS on the project
|Wednesday, August 17||Unit 1 - 2D/3D Measurement - Review Suggestions||From your textbook, you can practice with the following questions:
EASY: Ex 7A, p129, Q2,9abc; Ex 7B, p134, Q1,2abc
MODERATE: Review Set 7A, p147, Q1,2,3,4,5,6
MORE DIFFICULT: Review Set 7B, p148, Q1,2,3,4,5
|Mon, August 8||Unit 1 - 2D/3D Measurement - Portfolio #1||Here is a link to the layered HW
|Thurs, August 4||Course Introduction||Download an e-copy of the textbook. Go through the Portal, to Student Resources => then to the High School folder => then Mathematics folder => then Textbook folder => then finally copy the ibmyp5 pdf textook